Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

Running of the Oranges (and Bubs)

 Nope. We weren't in Pamplona today. No. I didn't mistake the word "oranges" for "bulls" either.

The Bubs and I found ourselves using two oranges in a new way (for us). Instead of peeling, slicing and/or eating them - the Bubs ran with them. While I was on the phone with the Bub's godparents, I started rolling these oranges up the sidewalk. I was sitting down at the bottom of the sidewalk's incline (about 20 yards of incline). Each time an orange ran out of steam, it rolled back down towards me.

This was fun for me, but I had no idea that the Bubs was going to jump into the action until he started grabbing the oranges after they rolled back down the sidewalk and running them up the incline. Then, with a running head start, he dropped them and ran alongside them. Up and back he ran; countless times.

I have a long time connection with oranges. My favorite color is, and always has been, orange. The Bub's mom surprised me one day (way back when) when she shared her favorite color with me. Yep, you guessed it. Orange. She told me that she even had her bedroom painted orange (as a kid). That definitely one ups me. I didn't have an orange room, but I would have loved it. Instead, I used to dream about driving an orange VW Bug - kid size. I wondered what it would be like to have a kid-sized car to drive around in. We only had Big Wheels at the time. I remember the first time I saw an advertisement on t.v. for a battery-powered kid's jeep. I was blown away. I must have been ahead of my time.

We're not sure what the Bub's favorite color is yet. He's laying low and keeping us in the dark on this topic. I am not sure if one's liking of a specific color travels in the genes. Maybe it's just simply choice.

Just in case it's the latter, I'm thinking of making the Bubs wear orange-tinted glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-48560039-1', 'domesti-dad-at-home-dad.blogspot.com'); ga('send', 'pageview');